Friday, March 21, 2014

LA day 1






            


            

After hours of packing, less than an hour of actually being in the plane, an hour of trying to catch the right bus, and over an hour finally on the right bus, I've arrived at my destination in sunny LA! The weather is amazing, and not as hot as I was worried it would be. (Though walking up the hills of UCLA while carrying my luggage made it feel like the middle of summer.) It's sunny to the point that I'm typing this indoors with my sunglasses on.

I'll be staying here with my friend Audrey until the 26th. After meeting up, we went back to her place to unpack my things, and then headed to Native Foods Cafe -- a vegan restaurant -- for lunch. I haven't had much vegan food in the past, but this is definitely the best I've had so far. It certainly won't be my only visit while I'm here.

We have a few plans to spread out for the time I'm here. I'm especially looking forward to seeing The National, all the great food there is to eat, and relaxing by the beach. I'm not even much of a beach person (seeing as there are approximately 2 days a year the ones in San Francisco are warm enough) but if I'm in LA, why the hell not. 

For tonight, though, I'll just be staying in. I've been up since 5am and hauling my luggage everywhere was exhausting, so I could use some rest. Audrey's at a St. Vincent show right now (!!!) so I'll see how much work I can get done till she comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment